Kick off: Summer Academy
Selection procedure for the scholarship 2022/2023
6-14 August 2022
In order to allocate the scholarship places to suitable applicants, our selection process will take place from 6 to 14 August in the form of a summer academy.
Who can apply and participate in the Summer Academy?
Students or graduates of the conducting and singing classes who are pursuing the goal of beginning or continuing their professional career in Germany, preferably Saxony. There are 12 places available for the scholarship: 8 for singing (double quartet) and 4 for conducting. The number of participants in the academy is limited to 24.
Participants in the conducting programme are guided at a high level in individual coaching sessions and as conductors in rehearsals leading the ensemble. In addition to the refinement of conducting technique in the sense of holistic further training, the content also includes stylistics, choral repetition, rehearsal technique and efficiency, posture, actions in the case of intonation difficulties and treatment of vocal colouration.
Participants in the singing programme learn to work in an ensemble and are given tools to apply soloistic skills in a group context and to sing in a choir in a way that is vocally comfortable. The programme focuses on group breathing and listening, vocal colour, mixing without vocal strain, diction and German language skills for the professional rehearsal context, among others.
Facts about participation
- Participation in the Summer Academy is free of charge.
- Sheet music will be provided free of charge as loan material at the beginning.
- The costs for the overnight stay, incl. breakfast in the guest house, will be covered by the Europa Chor Akademie.
- Participants are responsible for all other meals. A kitchen is available.
- Travel costs for arrival and departure will not be reimbursed.
- Prof. Dr. Magdalena Blum (individual repetition)
- KMD Tobias Brommann (choral conducting, choral voice training, choral repetition)
- Jan Hoffmann (Choir Director)
- Pawel Serafin (Warm-Up, Choir Direction)
Please send you application and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Tobias Brommann. Deadline: 24 June 2022
Please include in your application the following documents/information:
>> more information